Start The Path To A
Contact Us Today
Secrets to Being a Healthy Snackaholic
Do you know that the average American consumes almost 25% of their daily calories from snacking? In fact, snacking is the leading cause of childhood obesity. Fortunately, it is also the easiest habit to change. By addressing WHAT snacks you are eating, you can greatly change the quality of your food intake. Keep these snacking tips in mind to maintain a health-conscious diet:
- The size of the snack should be the right size- less than 100 calories is a good guide.
- Pick foods that are low in fat and sugar and high in fiber and water. Ex: an apple is better than a bag of chips.
- Aim for fruits, vegetables, and whole-grain snacks.
- Try to eliminate foods and drinks that list sugar or corn syrup as one of the first ingredients.
- Put snacks in small plastic containers or bags so they are easy to carry in a pocket or backpack. Putting snacks in containers helps you eat the right size portion.