Start The Path To A
Contact Us Today
Contact Us Today
10 Quick and Painless Ways to
Cleanse Your Liver!
Want to lose weight and get Healthy? This is a must read for you!
A few years ago “Doing a Cleanse” was something “Health Nuts” would try. Most people viewed it as weird, unnecessary, unpleasant or extreme. Recently cleansing has suddenly become the rage. Celebrities have been raving about the benefits.
If you’ve never cleansed before, or you’re a cleansing veteran and need a post-holiday detox, a simple liver cleanse is a great place to start.
Here are seven really super great reasons to cleanse your liver.
- Your body will eliminate toxins faster – your liver is the largest organ of detoxification in the body. If your liver is backed up toxins can’t be neutralized and the rest of your body suffers.
- Liver cleansing can help you lose weight – the liver is the largest fat burning organ in the body. Having trouble losing weight? A liver cleanse will speed this up.
- Liver cleansing helps a woman’s monthly cycle become easier. The liver stores blood and Traditional Chinese Medicine states the liver is connected to the health of the menstrual cycle.
- Traditional Chinese Medicine also believes the liver affects the health of the spleen, eyes and finger nails. Many people report having improved eye sight during a cleanse.
- A healthy liver = health metabolism – your liver helps control your blood sugar levels and breaks down carbohydrates.
- A healthy liver will improve your mood – according to Traditional Chinese Medicine a person with a stagnant liver tends to be more angry and grumpy.
- A healthy liver helps balance your hormones – your liver plays a major role in the breakdown of hormones particularly estrogen and thyroid hormones.
10 Painless and Quick Ways to Cleanse Your Liver
Cleanse your liver
- Add lemon to your water and drink 8 glasses of water daily – the lemon stimulates the flow of bile and the water helps keep the liver clean.
- Eat dark greens every day – if you’re not a fan of the green stuff try them in a morning smoothie.
- Have a daily berry smoothie – berries are rich in antioxidants which help to nourish and protect the liver cells. You can combine your green leafy vegetables with the berries.
- Take a break from sugar and alcohol – if this sounds incredibly impossible to you then start slow. Commit to one sugar free and alcohol free day a week. One day won’t hurt.
- Try Milk Thistle – Milk Thistle is a powerful herb that protects the liver from toxins. I recommend it daily for 1 month then depending on your liver 1 time weekly.
- Swap coffee for green tea.—green tea is rich in catechism and antioxidants that helps healthy liver function. Can’t give up your Morning Joe? Start out with one time a week without coffee and then increase when you are ready.
- Use Turmeric – you can cook with it or if you’re not crazy about Indian food you can purchase Turmeric supplements or try 1 teaspoon of Turmeric with 1 teaspoon of honey. Turmeric is an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory spice.
- Give your liver an oil change. – you liver is your #1 fat burning organ so give it good fats to burn. Use flax oil, coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil or pasture based butter. Your liver will thank you for it!
- Invest in a bottle of dandelion tincture – dandelion is a powerful liver cleanser. Use the milk thistle to protect the liver and dandelion tincture to cleanse it.
- Eat more onions, garlic, broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts and cauliflower. These sulfur rich vegetables detoxify the liver.
Try all ten strategies or pick one or two. Remember small steps pave the way to a big change. STICK WITH IT! Be persistent – remember if you haven’t cleansed your liver in forty years don’t expect miracles in just 1 day of drinking lemon water.
Call Dr. Linda today at 773.922.6672 to make your appointment for a Nutritional Consultation!
Trackback from your site.